Opened in July 1951, wooden roller coaster Vuoristorata is the pride and crown jewel of Linnanmäki amusement park in Helsinki, Finland and the most popular attraction throughout the park's history. Vuoristorata is operated by Brakemasters – sixteen Brakemasters work at the roller coaster in the season 2021.
There are only seven operating roller coasters in the whole world to feature onboard Brakemen, so Vuoristorata is a very valuable and rare attraction. Prestigious roller coaster club American Coaster Enthusiasts has granted Vuoristorata the "Coaster Classic" status given to only 30 roller coasters worldwide.
Learn more about the story of Vuoristorata on the history page!
Vuoristorata in numbers
- Length of the track: 960 metres (3,150 ft)
- Height of the track: 24 metres (79 ft)
- Length of the longest descent: 48 metres (157 ft)
- Top speed: approx. 60 kph (37 mph)
- Average speed: approx. 25 kph (16 mph)
- Ride duration: approx. 2 minutes 15 seconds
- Four trains, 22 passengers per train (the number of trains in use depends on the number of customers in the park)
- One train weighs approx. 1,500 kg (3,300 lbs) when empty, and approx. 3,000 kg (6,600 lbs) with passengers
- The wooden structure of the roller coaster weighs approx. 400 tons, and there are a total of 247 vertical 6×6 inch support colums
- Length of the 22mm lift cable is approx. 250 metres (820 ft) and it is run by a 75 kilowatt electric motor
- There are approx. 3,000 light bulbs on Vuoristorata
- Ride capacity is up to 1,300 passengers per hour
- A total of approx. 42,000 cycles are run during the season, and up to 700 cycles during one busy opening day
- 800,000 guests visit Vuoristorata every year
- It is estimated that over 40 million guests have visited Vuoristorata in the course of 70 years